Out now: CD "WINTER"
Solo Piano Improvisation. Title:
1. Amazing Grace
2. Am Kamin
6. Solitude (Einsamkeit)
7. What's Your Name
9. Rausch ist vorbei
10. Ein Lied für dich
The CD "WINTER" was recorded at the beginning of February 2020. If you look back to this time, it seems like an island of the blessed. We had concerts, theater, events, and people hugging and touching. Without any fear.
Now, a year later, things are very different. Everything has given way to an incredible reduction and emptiness.
This music seems like a greeting from another world. You can feel the bubbling joy, the temperament, the fullness with every note. The result is a unique document from a time that is now over. WINTER.
Concerts & Music
Please note: Due to the current situation, changes at short notice cannot be ruled out. Corona attendence rules apply.
Church Music / Playing the Organ for Church Services
Sun, Oct 17 2021; 11 a.m.
Service in the Nikodemus-Church
Sat, Oct 23 2021
Children's day with church service, handicrafts and organ tour from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., together with Sabine Herms and Pastor Bornemann in the 12-Apostel-Church
Sun, Oct 24 2021; 11 a.m.
Service in the Nikodemus-Church
Sun, Oct 31 2021; 11:00 a.m
Service in the Bekenntniskirche
Autumn song recital
Saturday, November 6th, 2021, 6 p.m. in the parish hall of St. Annen (Gardeschützenweg 17, 12203 Berlin)
We cordially invite you to an autumn recital with piano (Felicitas Eickelberg) and vocals (Hans-Beatus Straub, tenor). Look forward to works by Schumann, Schubert and Strauss as well as opera arias.
Free entry, donations are welcome
I perform regularly at the organ during the services at various churches in Berlin.
A selection of my concerts, performances and musical accompaniment of the last few years:
- June: Participation in the creative competition of the music school Oder-Spree Jutta Schlegel Fürstenwalde. The result can be seen on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bFOHj1SVD5U. The compositions come from students at the Fürstenwalde Music School, supported by their teachers. Contributions with Felicitas are: 6:21 min Richard Kullina's water drops on the piano together with Felix Korinth on the viola and at 18:48 min the song Keep Distance by Matthias Menzel.
- Frauenmärz: radio art contribution with the Leo Kerstenberg Music School: vocal-musical presentation by 4 music teachers about their own educational and artistic work. Podcast (in German): hearthis.at/theda/frauenmaerz2021podcast/ (at 17:13 min joined impros, at 39:45 interview with Felicitas Eickelberg).
Church Music / Playing the Organ for Church Services:
- October: Community concert with Cantor Arisa Ishibashi for the re-inauguration of the restored Walcker organ in the Martin Luther Church.
- August: summer improvisation concert on the organ of the Philipp Melanchthon Church with organ tour.
- May: Digital Pentecost service in the Nicodemus Church in Neukölln together with Pastor Martina Weber. Watch it on Youtube: https://youtu.be/R1mipqzC_Sw.
- March: Women's Service at the Sophienchurch for the International Women's Day
- In the community newspaper of the Martin Luther Genezareth Congregation (February / March 2021 issue) she talks about her work as an organist (page 14): view it on the church website or download it directly from there as PDF (2.7 MB)
- services at the Martin Luther Church Berlin, Sophienchurch, Nikodemus-Church Neukölln, Königin-Luise-Gedächtniskirche, Emmaus-Church Kreuzberg, Bekenntniskirche, Zwölf-Apostel-Kirche, Genezareth-Church, Kirche zum Vaterhaus and for the Rogate-Cloister
- improvisations during the open house afternoon at the Leo Kestenberg music school
- Felicitas Eickelberg & Friends. Concert with Nico Lohmann (saxophone & flute) and Agustin Strizzi (drums) at the Kunstfabrik Schlot. Free improvisations on a tonal, atonal, and modal basis.
- online concert at the Greve Studio: "One person, one instrument, one room". Watch the concert on YouTube
- song evening “whats up? A musical travel blog with duets from all over the world ”with the sopranos Rita Anton and Sibylle Fischer.
Church / Organ Music:
- conducting the summer singing of the Berlin Domkantorei twice. Private recordings on YouTube: Der Mond ist aufgegangen | Amazing Grace | Lobe den Herren - Großer Gott wir loben dich | Abend ward, bald kommt die Nacht. Rbb reports: rbb Inforadio and rbb Abendschau.
- digital services at Spirit & Soul and Gottesdienst zeitgleich by the Martin Luther Church
- services at the Martin Luther Church Berlin, Queen-Luise-Memorial-Church, Emmaus-Kirche Kreuzberg, Nikodemus-Church Neukölln, Dorfkirche Lankwitz, Kapelle der Versöhnung, Nathanael-Church, Genezareth-Church, and 12-Apostle-Church
- 2 performances of the song evening "whats up? Anti-heroines on the trip: a musical travel blog with duets from all over the world" with the sopranos Rita Anton und Sibylle Fischer; Works by u. a. Monteverdi, Handel, Purcell, Lully, Mozart, Saint-Saens, Mendelssohnm and Barber.
- Literary song recital “Lebenslieder” (Songs of Life); an evening with singing, poems, and improvisation on the piano. Piano: Felicitas Eickelberg; Vocals: Manon Scharstein; Concept & direction: Claudia Graue
- August-December substitute direction of the con-brio choir Fürstenwalde; e.g. Christmas concerts
- Short appearance with Julia Kadel as part of the Young Euro Classics for the lecture "Why jazz and classical music meet so rarely" by PD Dr. Daniela collector
- CD release concert with the CD "If Spring"
- On the organ: musical accompaniment for various services, e.g. B. in the Queen Luise Memorial Church, the Genezareth Church Neukölln, the Twelve Apostles Church, the Rogate Monastery St. Michael, the Johannesstift Spandau, the Nicodemus Church Neukölln, the Markus Church in Steglitz and in the Martin Luther Church Berlin
- Women's services of the Ecumenical Women's Center Evas Arche
- Church service for the opening of the 27th Lesbian and Gay Festival
- Conducting various concerts
- Organ anniversary in the Martin Luther Church Berlin-Neukölln
- Musical accompaniment for the inauguration of new information boards in the north of Schöneberg as part of the project »Historic sites with charm«
- Concert series “Classics” by the Leo Kestenberg Music School - works by Claude Debussy and Dmitri Shostakovich
- New Year's concert of the Fürstenwalde Chamber Orchestra in the Fürstenwalde Cathedral
- Conducting various concerts
- Springtime concert in the Martin Luther Church as part of "48 hours in Neukölln"
- Concert series “Classics” by the Leo Kestenberg Music School - works by Beethoven and Brahms with Friederike Bauer-Eschen (cello) and Felicitas Eickelberg (piano)
- Schöneberg city culture (Schöneberger Stadtkultur)
Coming Soon: Organ Improvisations Vol. II
My second organ CD is in progress, recorded on the Schuke organ in the 12 Apostle Church. You can look forward to a cross-section of the church year, as well as highlights such as Gershwin's Summertime, trout variations, some classics of film music in a medley and a new improvisation of children's songs.
Many thanks to the team for making this possible, especially to the church musician Christoph Hagemann, but also to Pastor Burkhard Bornemann, to the church staff and of course to my sound engineer Volker Greve.
Part one: Evening
1. Greensleeves Variations
2. Water Games
4. Into the Wild
6. Big D
Part Two: Morning
7. If Spring
11. In My Head
12. In Tierces
"If Spring" tells of:
- What happens if spring returns to a dead heart;
- What could have happened if spring had come to a love that was unhappy;
- What could happen if spring came again this year and every year; in the heart AND in nature; and in life.
All these "Ifs" and the whole spring; in the heart and in nature, shall be expressed in this music.
Solo Piano Pieces
Composer: Brian Agro
Piano: Felicitas Eickelberg
Sound editor: Stephen Sippel
Sunday, silver plated
recording: Marc Haussmann
Sound editor: Marc Haussmann
Music is the language of passion
A big thank you to Julia Kadel (Production Assistance), Karl-Erik Enkelman (Digitisation and Distribution of sound samples), Manon Scharstein (Graphics for the CDs), the Sound Masters Stephan Kunz, Stefan Sippel, and Marc Haussmann, the Nikodemus congregation for the reception site, and 12 Apostle Church for organ recordings as well as Klaus Dobler (photos in the Nikodemus Church), Claudia Schneider (website), and Ingo Markert (background graphic).
'Fux, die hast du ganz gestohlen' – Organ Improvisations
Kontakt zu Felicitas Eickelberg
Sie haben Fragen zu meiner Musik, möchten eine CD kaufen, ein Konzert arrangieren oder eine kreative Idee umsetzen?
Schreiben Sie mir eine E-Mail oder nutzen Sie das Kontaktformular. Ich freue mich auf Ihre Nachricht!
Ihre Felicitas Eickelberg